relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sleeping in My Own Bed

Since school let out June 6 to now June 28, I counted that I have slept in my own bed six nights.  The bulk of that is because of my trip to Iceland in mid-June, but as soon as we got back, we headed to West Lafayette and Purdue University (at least Maddie got to go and spend time with me), Wabash College in Crawfordsville IN, and Olney junior college in Illinois to play in tournaments for my high school team.

The experience in Iceland was life altering and then we played 15 games in less than a week and improved greatly this week.  Where we were before I left for Iceland and where we are tonight after getting back from Olney is a big improvement.  An improvement that has gotten me excited about the upcoming season if everyone stays healthy and out of trouble.

But all of that time has kept me from sleeping in my own bed.  Between the hotel in Iceland and the hotels this past week, I haven't gotten to sleep in my own bed and I miss it.  It is the decision I make to do these things so my not sleeping at home is my fault as much as anything, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. 

There is absolutely nothing like the feel of your own pillow, mattress and bedroom.  So, I will take a few days and stay home, work around the house, and sleep in my own bed, but it will soon be time for a family vacation and what does that mean?  More sleeping in another bed other than my own.