relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stuck in Boston

A few years ago, before my son was born, my wife, daughter and I visited the Northeast US.  We loved Boston...lots of history.  But today, I am stuck in Boston.

I got up this morning to head to Reikjavik, Iceland to work a basketball camp with a friend Borce Illievski.  I got up at 5 AM, headed to Louisville International and got on a flight to Philadelphia...no problems.  However, after arriving in Philly, the flight kept getting delayed.  It ended up being a total of 2 hours delay.

When I arrived at Logan International in Boston, I missed my connecting flight to Iceland.  So, I had to wait around for 2 1/2 hours until I could speak with someone from the company that I was flying with.  When they arrived, it was no problem to bump me to the later flight.  However, I still have to wait 4 hours until taking off.

So I have been stuck in Boston pretty much all day.  And when I say stuck in Boston, I mean stuck in the airport.  If you have ever flown, you know that airports are their own little universe.  Most all airports are the same helping in travel, but it is a world behind tight security.

I have been lucky enough to be able to get online and waste some time and will hopefully catch some ZZZZ's on the 5 hour flight.  I am looking forward to the coaching clinic and also the camp, but I even more looking forward to finally getting out of Boston.