relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Now, With That Said....



Something was in the news here locally yesterday that motivated me to write my blog entry about being a role model.  It is unbelievable, no really, you just can't believe how dumb people can be.  But with that being said, I think it is important to remember something hugely important.  It is something that I believe as a person, but also in my faith.

We are to forgive these people.  It is probably harder to do if you are directly involved, but we shouldn't judge and not condone.  We shouldn't give up on these people but remove them from situations.  I think if someone messes up, dependent on what they did, they should be allowed a second or third chance just probably somewhere else.

I say this because I believe that we all mess up.  I say this because I hope that someday when I mess up (you really just have to look to yesterday and probably sometime today around noon for that) that the people I hurt will forgive me.  I hope that they are able to forgive me and allow me a second or third or fourth chance. 

I don't want anyone to think that yesterday I was judging, I was absolutely amazed at what I read in the paper.  It is wrong, I will say it, it was wrong.  But that doesn't mean that we give up on people.  I guess that is where I have changed due to my faith.  We don't give up on anyone.  Maybe the people directly involved give up on the person that hurts them, but someone else must step up.  I am not giving up on my friends and family....hopefully, I just won't do it.

I hope that when I mess up that there are people who will be willing to not give up on me.