relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Monday, February 27, 2012

How Much Do We Take Our Health For Granted?

Last week, I was sick with some kind of flu like thing for one total week.  I mean...the whole week.  From wanting to sleep all the time, to not having strength to walk, to just wanting to crawl in a hole until I felt better...it was bad.  I won't go into all of the details, but I was dehydrated.  Probably to the point I should have gotten an IV. 

I was cramping, not thinking clearly, and one day I even felt my speech slurring, but it wasn't convenient for me to be sick last week.  We had to finish out our regular season, we had sectional meetings and practice and we were preparing for tomorrow (Tuesday) our first round of the state tournament.

How many times do we complain about feeling not quite right?  I think most of us know when we are blessed by not having some serious disease, but how often do we whine and complain about, really, nothing.  Spoiled and in need of comfort all of the time, we complain about feeling not the way we should usually because of things we have done to ourselves (too much to drink, not enough sleep, etc.).

I am at school today and feeling like I did before last week and I feel like I could fly if I jumped off the school roof.  Now...if I only could get into some kind of shape (need to walk into running) how would I feel?