relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

We Are All So Perfect, Aren't We?



I can be one of the worst people in the world in questioning something that is being done. I usually have a better answer or action, and complain if not done the way I think it should be done. I was told once by a friend that I have a strong belief in how things should be done and if they aren't done that way I grow frustrated easily.

As I've grown in my faith, I think I notice this more than before. Before, I did it and was okay with it, now I, at least, feel bad after and sometimes during when I am doing it.

But I have found myself to be more forgiving in recent years. Especially in situations in which I am not involved directly. Why do I feel the need to criticize someone who has done something wrong and then apologized? Who am I to question if it is sincere or not? I know, at some point you can't continue messing up over and over, at some point your behavior must change.

But I pay attention too much to everyone. Usually those that complain about the actions of someone else and are appalled at their actions have done similar things...and haven't apologized. We have become so holier than thou and with social media, well, it can be evil. I have a saying that goes like this:  social media+ opinion= expert. And an unforgiving, throwing stones type of expert we are.

John 8:7 "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".  I hope when I do things wrong that people won't throw stones like I see on a daily basis. Because I can guarantee that I will mess up and I try not to give more people reasons to throw stones than already will do so.

Now situations that I am directly involved, I still struggle with...a lot. But I deal with these situations, it seems, much less than watching all of these people online living in glass houses throwing rocks. The more you attack, I promise, it will come back around to you someday.

So I try to minimize my criticism, but I still fail...every...single...day.