relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Is it Friday Yet?


In the last couple of days, our team has lost a couple of big games; my allergies have taken over; I feel sleep deprived; the cold has returned; my son won't behave; I feel like I am neglecting my daughter and wife; I feel overwhelmed by leading a small group, Sunday school, and FCA; my energy level has dropped and my body is sore all over.  I just want to crawl into bed and stay there for a week, or longer.  I just want to head to Florida and sleep on the beach, or up into the hills and be away from everyone for a couple of days.

Yet, I get to be around young men learning life skills win or lose; I take shots to help with my allergies and their aggravation remind what feeling good feels like; I am awake trying to do so much to help others; the cold reminds me what's it is like to love the warm weather; my son will get past this and it will be rewarding; my daughter and wife will appreciate my time much more than other times, hopefully; I get to be put in charge of leading people through God's word; my energy level will rise again and my body being sore reminds me of what I did as a youth playing sports the only way...all out. 

I still want to crawl into a bed or escape for a few days, but it could be worse....much worse.  It just depends on how you look at any given situation.  It doesn't make it easier, but it helps with my perspective on life which can be very hard.

I am blessed. 

I am blessed for all of the things I perceive as negative because I learn so much or have beliefs reinforced during this kind of time. 

I am blessed. 

I am blessed because I am in the fight every day, usually against the demons that put up obstacles in my path. 

I am blessed. 

I am blessed because I get to feel the anguish of failure, but also the exhileration of victory. 

I am blessed.

It is okay to feel sorry for yourself occasionally, but not every day, all of the time.  Get up, get help if needed, and get moving.  You will be happier in the long run that you di...zzzzzzzzzz.