relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Monday, February 24, 2014

Room to Grow and "Cross" the Bridge


There is no doubt that I have room to grow.  However, when my emotions get involved and I tend to want to defend those that I love against transgressors, I fall even further.  It is the human nature reaction to protect those that you care about and spend much time with.  Whether you are right or wrong in any given situation, you should be better.  I guess I need to make that decision before the time arises because in that knee jerk time, I don't exactly show that I am a follower of Christ.  In fact, I probably push people away as I want to be known as a follower of Jesus.  But, I think it is important to protect those you love especially from situations that are not healthy and maybe even wrong for them to be involved in.

It seems that this situation occurs more in the competitive world of...well anything that requires competition.  It has been good to be back in the coaching world because it what I am, a basketball coach, hopefully sharing my faith while doing so.  But by being back in that highly competitive, emotionally charged world, I see the growth that I need and how I lack being a positive example of Christ in all things.  I want people to see him through me, when I lose my cool, it can't happen

The picture above reminds me that we are sinful and that we need Christ to bridge the gap between us and God.  If we got what we deserved, we wouldn't be in heaven.  I think it is important to remembeer, too, that God is a God of love, but He is also a God of wrath and without Christ bridging the gap, we would all feel the wrath of God.