relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What Has Basketball Done for Me?


What has basketball done for me?  Has it made me millions of dollars and worldwide fame?  No, but it has done so much more.

As a youth and then later as an adult, it taught me a work ethic, it taught me how to handle adversity, it taught me how to handle success, it taught me how to deal with pressure.  Basketball has brought me many friends and acquaintances both here and worldwide.  Basketball has provided something that my future wife and I had in common.  Basketball has provided me opportunities to travel the world.  Basketball has provided something for my children to be a part of that we can relate to.  Basketball has allowed me an opportunity to travel and spread the Gospel.

What has basketball done for me?  Made me richer than any amount of money could do.  It has provided me with opportunities to make relationships, help relationships, and have those people to influence and help me.

I wouldn't change anything because basketball has brought me so many great things in life.