relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Coaching While Down and Out Sick

(Campers in Macedonia...I am on the right side wearing blue)
If you coach long enough, you will coach a game or two when you are sick.  And I don't mean the little sniffles or congestion, but full blown, shouldn't be there sick.

I have done it a couple of times and I actually sorta like it.  First, leading up to the game you are miserable and wondering if you should be there or not, but once the game gets going, you forget about it.  Somewhat.

For me, being so weak actually calms me down which I need...I know that.  I don't have to be told that, I know.  I am able to talk to officials differently and to my players differently.  It is more of how I coach as an assistant.  Gone are the antics and ridiculousness and I coach, if I don't, I might pass out.