relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anonymous Letter: Part II

Well, after wondering all weekend about who might have sent me my admiring letter on my coaching ability or lacktherof, I received an interesting text message from a local coach. Apparently, he received the same exact letter; typed on the inside, handwritten address and attention written on the envelope. After talking about it and exchaning phone pictures of the outside of the envelope we were amazed. He said it best..."I feel like we're in the twilight zone".

But, it gets better. I then made a call to another local coach who told me that yet another coach in our conference received such a letter the same day as me. So, I called that coach and you got it, all three received the exact same letter. Same letter, same type envelope, and same words.

So now we are all wondering what is going on in such a bizarre fashion. Why would the three of us get the exact same letter? If it is someone going after our job they have lost all credibility by sending the exact same letter to all three of us. I can tell you that the two coaches that received their letters are very good coaches and have done great jobs in their respective positions.

Then we ran a theory that maybe it is a disgruntled school. But we couldn't come up with a connection that the three of us had in that endeavor (who knows, maybe more coaches got the exact same letter).

So one of the coaches and I have come up with a theory that it could possibly be someone who wants a coaching job and by writing that letter it would send one of us over the edge allowing them to apply for it. That probably makes more sense than anything other than someone is just trying to "have some fun" with us. But still, what is the connection to all three schools?

Connection? They are relatively close, so someone would want to not drive too far. There are probably zero coaching teaching positions open, so they would have to be a lay coach. And since all three were postmarked from Kokomo, IN, they would have to have some type connection there.

I am writing this only to put into words what is actually happening. If you coach long enough you will see many, many, many, many different type of things occur, but this is to say the least...different.