relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 18: It Won't be Easy



Day 18:

I feel that many of my posts are in dealing with the negative. That life is hard and negative and this is what you need to do to get by, to thrive. And some of that is my personality, but much of it is because, well, life is hard. I am a happy person, generally, and enjoy my life, but daily we encounter issues that try to bring us down. It can be things or people, mostly people, and how do we react to it? Be intentional so that you do not react negatively and even I fail at that...a lot.

With that said, as our culture changes, many things that we used to think were wrong are now looked upon with indifference and even supported by some people. The Bible is a 2,000 year old book that is truth, but it has many ideas in it that go against what our changing society agrees with. If you believe certain things different from within the Bible, you are wrong, but it is not going to send you to hell, I do not think. However, if you participate on those beliefs, then I think that you will have to answer for it, but I want you to know that I do not know for sure. It is above my pay grade and it will be between you and God.

But I can promise you that if you type what I did here or verbalize it in public, you will be called many, many names. Names that people use to win an argument and that none of us want to be called. Names like racist, bigot, sexist, bigot, etc. Horrible names that people will use to squash you from speaking, a form of verbal intimidation, and maybe even make you consider how you believe is wrong. Now being reflective is an absolute must in our lives, but just because the majority do not like an idea or ideal does not make you wrong.

Are you willing to stand alone if necessary?

Challenge: I don't expect you to start a fight, but my one challenge to you on this is if someone begins a discussion that goes against your beliefs, do not participate. You don't have to stand up so boldly that you lose your job or are ostracized, but walk away or remain silent. A remnant of truth is still out there, you be part of it.