relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Never Nullified or Void


I am finishing up a book about believing in God in an age of reason. It is exactly the kind of book that I like to read. I believe in God and I believe that Jesus was his son sent to this earth to die for my sins. My wife is more of a natural Christian. She doesn't need anything other than knowing. I am more of a doubting Thomas, I like/need something more than just being told. I need some sort of reason to justify.

The last chapter I read discussed the deifying of things in our lives. Whether you believe in God or not, there is a God "hole" where you are void of Him if without and filled if you are with Him. The last paragraphy was very good, paraphrasing: we will fill that void with something. It might be drugs, alcohol, our wives, our children, things that we make into our "god", but ultimately they will let us down. God never lets us down and when we mess up will always forgive us.

Speaking from experience, I can agree with that. I was always looking to fill that hole, that void with something and never seemed content. Now that I grow in my faith the contentment is better, but now the void only occurs when I am moving away from God.

The great thing is that the "contract" that I have with God will never be nullified, but justified. The hole will never again be completely void as I finally have Him...He always had me, but finally I woke up.