relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Get it?



I once was agnostic and I did everything I could to argue why religion was a joke. I am now saved by Jesus Christ and have been in many conversations about why there is a God. It is funny to me because I am now treated and perceived as I once treated and perceived believers, but I know the non believer's arguments...I used to use them.

They are right, we can't "prove" what we believe...it is faith, but there are many things that can be proven and that helped me in coming around, look up apologetics.  But, ultimately they cannot "prove" what they believe either.  Science has not proven everything and probably never will.  There is a form of faith that exists even for those people dependent on science.  I used to hunt these debates but now I could care less...I guess, I don't mean I could care less but I don't feel the need to defend a God that is supreme in my eyes.

What I have found recently is that I am not trying to prove you wrong anymore. I have found that it matters less to me to fight people that are uninformed (yes, even on the scientific/evolution side they exist) because they won't get it until they want to get it....get it? The arguments that I read make sense to the old me, but to the new me filled with the Holy Spirit feels how they don't "get it".

I am not saying to lie down and let non believers run amok, but know what you are talking about. Be able to use other ideas besides The Bible as points of discussion (they don't believe it and write it off immediately, so you lose before you start), and be able to philosophize on their points of attack before they use them....they've done it to us, so be ready.