relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dave Matthews Band at the Yum! Center


Last night, my wife and I were able to attend a concert, together, alone for the first time in a while.  It was nice to be with just her and remember my "girlfriend" from before marriage and children.  We were able to get something to eat, and then head over.  Last year, I would have had to coach a game and my wife would have kept the book, but instead we had the freedom to go to a concert instead.

(DMB drummer, Carter Beauford)
My friend, who shall remain nameless here, but she knows who she is, has married into the Dave Matthews Band family.  Last week, she asked if Kristi and I would be interested in attending the concert and she was able to get us tickets, for free.  We arrived, got our tickets from Will Call, and there was a pass into the Legends Lounge at the KFC Yum! Center, so we had access to as much food and soft drinks that we wanted.

After finishing there, we went inside to the concert and had great seats, $75 seats for free from my friend.  We watched until the main set was over and then our friend was able to come and visit for awhile.  Pretty cool stories including how she helped Dave Matthews decide how much Mucinex to take before the concert (he was hoarse and dealing with some type of illness). 

I asked if it had gotten "old" or did she still get moments of out of body experiences.  She replied that she had gotten used to a lot of it, but when Dave Matthews is standing next to you and asking you medical questions, it can be somewhat surreal.

I want to thank her again because it was very nice that should we think of my wife and I when so many people could benefit from her kindness.  That she thought of us is as touching a thing that could happen and we both appreciated it.

P.S.  If you don't mind, "friend", I would like to replace that word with your name, but I remember once upon a time that it was supposed to be kept on the down low, for the obvious reasons.  Take care.