relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Monday, October 31, 2011

Yes, I Have

It never ceases to amaze me when I find out people read this stuff I write.  I realize that people do read it, but when someone brings it up, it catches me off guard...sometimes.  I have had people agree with me, disagree with me, thank me, tell me it's a waste of time, etc., but I have had a new one lately.  I have had a couple of people tell me that "you seem to be getting more religious lately".  I will agree on one front and that is that I am going to lead less of a double life.  Some of the stuff I have posted is who I am, but have tried to separate the two...the religion and the coach, but I am not doing that as much anymore.

I won't lie, I do have a double secret blog that only two people know about that gets deeper into politics and religion, but I do that to get things off my chest.  I have written in that blog much less lately.  I feel that if I am going to be honest with anyone who reads this and more importantly with myself, I need to include and be more public about all sides of myself.  I am complimented about how this blog is "open" and that I write some things down that makes people feel they are not alone, well, if I am going to be completely "open" then I need to express all sides of myself.

My faith is the most important part of my life along with my family and gets me through what I go through.  We all go through something and you need something that helps....my faith does.  Yes, I have gotten more religious on this blog and I have indeed gotten stronger in my faith over the last 6 months.

Losing last year really drew me nearer to God, but then I gave the Baccalaureate speech to our graduationg class, I went to Iceland (where prayer helped me greatly in missing my family), I came home and taught a lesson on a Wednesday night at church, I started listening to contemporary Christian music where songs like The Motions by Matthew West hit me right in the head and heart, I went to a leadership seminar by Coach Don Meyer and have emailed back and forth a few times, I have started reading the John Maxwell leadership Bible, I have started an Uncommon devotion by Tony Dungy, I have surrounded myself with Scripture, study, and as much of the word as possible....yes, I have changed, yes, I am changing, and yes, I have a long way to go.

Now...7 more days until basketball practice starts in Indiana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!