relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Friday, March 7, 2014

Standards


I have noticed the last few years that if you stand for something different, better than what the world accepts, you will be held to a higher standard.  Not just by those who think similarly to you (even though I think they are the hardest on us), but by those who, well, I don't know how to explain the other group.

The other group will often not disagree in principle to what I believe.  If you remove the Bible, God, or Jesus, they are ok with the "ways to live".  Yet, they often don't live up to their own standard.  But because it is okay to fail, according to them, they are not being judgmental.  However, with me, I know better and am being held to a higher standard, so I should try to be better.  Especially because I am a judgmental Christian.  Of course, being called a judgmental Christian is pretty judgmental, but that's another story for another time. 

The hypocrisy of the world and the line of garbage most people buy is why it is so hard to stand for anything especially that you have the answers to happiness in this life...and beyond.  Because most people when attacked will pull back from their beliefs because it is too hard.  It is easier to just go along than to stand up and be attacked. 

I get it, I do, but I also won't back down, no matter how hard it may be.