relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Slow Climb Back



Things really do change.

When I stepped down as a head coach a few years ago, I had zero desire to be in charge of a team again. Sure, I'd be the assistant, but the person making the calls? Nope.

So I took a year off and then started helping certain teams out that my kids played on and then ultimately with the Silver Creek boys basketball program.

At first, I could handle the frustration of not calling the shots, but the lack of anxiety and pressure on me as the assistant. I enjoyed coaching with no issues aimed at me.

But it's changing. I am finding that the frustration of not being the shot caller is growing and I would love to be a head coach again whether it's a 7th grade team or whatever. But still...not yet.

And it really does help that every person I have assisted with has allowed me to have a lot of control and they do things the right way.

But that day is coming again where I want to lead again...but that opportunity may never show again.