relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Here....or There?

 
As I have written recently, I have taken the position of assistant boys' basketball coach at Silver Creek High School.  However, I am still teaching at the school I have been at for the last 14 years; Henryville High School.  The two schools are ten miles apart, and I live in Sellersburg, the home of Silver Creek H.S.

I have found an interesting feeling develop this summer.  After being at SCHS all summer and helping with the basketball program, I felt a disconnect from HHS.  When I would come up in the summer to do some work, I felt odd being here.  I didn't feel a part of the school.

Now we are about 5 days into the school year and I am spending most of my days at HHS.  My daughter attends SC schools, and when I go to pick her up, I now feel a disconnect from SC and it's players. 

I know it is part of coaching at one school and teaching at another, but I feel torn between the two, yet not really part of either...?  I am sure it is something that will only increase as the season begins and unwinds.  The best part is that the two schools play each other the first game of the season and after that, I can continue in supporting both schools in all they do.