relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Poland...I made it home. Final thoughts.










Well, I have had a couple days to think...I have tried to keep names out of my writings, some were ok to mention.

But some highlights and lowlights of my one week trip to Lublin, Poland.

I was flagged in Detroit heading to Warsaw, questioned about my intentions on my trip.

Polish is a hard language to learn/know.

I lost my passport.

I got off the train in Lublin one stop too early which isn't a big deal because Uber will find you, but I was by myself...in the dark...just waiting for something else bad to happen.

My coach friend was hard to do much at beginning of trip...he possibly had Covid.

I tried to help at the gym with Ukraine guests, and they got mad at me and wouldn't take my money to donate.

Went to the Old Town, the Nazi Concentration Camp.

Watch two pro basketball games and a practice.

Meet with a church, put the into contact with other churches in US.

Go to the Poland/Ukraine border and visit a Guest camp.

Made two new contacts for future basketball camps.

Donated $700 to organizations helping Ukraines on the ground in Lublin.

Figured out how to mess with the train, planes and Ubers in Lublin and Warsaw.

Sat on a Paris runway for 3 hours before taking off on our 8 hour flight.

Saw my wife and kids and remembered that no matter what I do to help in this world, those three are the most important people in my life and I need to make sure I take care of them first.

To all those who donated and prayed, I am so thankful for your help. You were able to help me help others in small ways and in large ways.

I am glad to be home, but cornerstonehoops.org is not finished by a long shot in trying to bring joy and hope using basketball to anyone and anywhere that will help us.