relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Monday, March 6, 2017

Just Be My Maddie Girl Forever? Please


My daughter is growing up and I don't like it.

She's gone from the little girl who wanted to be with me or around me, to the growing up young woman who is so busy that I often feel like an after thought.

Maybe I've done that to her, but she means the world to me.

Recently, she went on her first group "date" where she went bowling with a group of girls and guys.

It was innocent, but I didn't like it...at all.

It was one of those moments when you realize that your little girl isn't that little anymore and she doesn't always need dad around.

Like when she started to fix her hair.

Like when she started to wear a little make up.

Like when she started to notice boys.

It's hard to take.

It's hard to see her grow up and know that I can't control her every move or every emotion.

It's hard to watch her not need as much.

And know that dad isn't #1 all the time anymore.