relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hey Son...


Today is my son's 6th birthday.  It is crazy to me how fast time can fly in general, but you turn around and your babies are 9 and 6.  It really does seem like yesterday that I was feeding them, changing diapers and watching their first steps.

Now, they are growing so much and the responsibility I feel can sometimes be overwhelming.  I want them to be good people, enjoy life, yet stand for something (which gets harder every day) and be willing to fight for what they believe in.

I remember when my daughter was born, the horrible selfishness that I had for me started to disappear (not completely, I am still a work in progress).  Now with my son, I am watching him grow into a young man, okay...real young, but I feel so much more that my life is not about me.  It is about my daughter feeling loved and choosing a man who will treat her the right way.  It is about raising my son to be a man, a man who would make his dad proud, and in fact, one that will surpass his father.