relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Are We Going Mad or is it Just Me? Probably Just Me.

From my vantage point.

Choosing Jesus is possibly a bad thing, but justifying actual theocracies is ok.

The United States is bad, but countries that deal without 2% of what the USA does is great.

Walls are ok when it has to do with any other country, but not with the USA.

Anti-Israel Jews are heroes, but conservative African Americans are sell outs and black Americans are only allowed to think a certain way.

You can't define a woman, yet we have people in positions of power fighting for women's rights.

The police in the USA are evil, yet you will defend the "moral" police in other countries as part of their culture.

People here fight to keep the freedom we have and that's bad, but you celebrate that women can drive in a foreign country...I mean it is 2024.

Women's sports are good, yet you support it being infiltrated by non-biological women.

I was a pretty hardcore conservative in high school.

Then in my 20's I found some empathy in me and swung to the opposite end to the Left.

Then as I grew in my experiences and then my faith I straddled the middle of the political spectrum.

But what has happened in the last 8 years in something that my most ardent Liberal friends feel like they're being pulled to the middle and that is because the Left is moving even more to the Left.

So Bill Maher, Alan Dershowitz and other traditional Liberals are looking around and agreeing with many "conservatives" on many issues because as the Left moves further left, the center is moving towards them.

I hope for the sake of everyone that we look in the mirror and see what we're doing.

Because it makes little to no sense.

But maybe, just maybe it's because I am aging and..."hey kids! Get off my lawn!"