relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Peace and Unity or Power?

I have tried and tried to be more apolitical publicly the last few years. Apolitical meaning an apathy towards political affiliation because I want to be positive and not turn anyone away from The Gospel because they may not like who I support politically. 

Now, I have shied away from some social issues from abortion to sex trafficking to capital punishment which I am 100% against all three. Right now some of you are saying, "no, yes, yes" or "yes, yes, no" and that is fine. I try to be consistent, I am pro-life from conception to death. I do not believe anyone can outsin the cross and if we terminate their life before they accept Jesus, we are sending them to...well, not heaven. (Believe it or not, so many people within the faith community debate heaven and hell, their meanings, if they exist, etc.)

I have not agreed with every single President in my life and I sure have not since I came to faith and accepted Jesus, but I have prayed for each and every leader.

Bush 43...yes.

Obama...yes.

Trump...yes.

and now for President-elect Biden...yes.

I wanted peace, love and unity under each of these Presidents, not just when maybe one particular President was in power that I tended to agree more with.

So my question is an introspective question, but also for you who may be reading: Do you want peace and unity only when your person is in power, or do you want it no matter who is in power?

I guess a second question would be, why is that then?

Maybe it is because we do not really want peace and unity, we want power.

And only in that power can we have peace and unity within ourselves, and we forget that there are, in fact, great human beings that may not agree with every single thing that we do.

Yet, we vilify and make enemies of all that disagree with us, as we call for peace and unity.

I am writing this because it is so obvious after a political victory especially when one party has been out of power and then wins. 

It happened in 2016 and it is happening today.

I pray for peace and unity today, not because I want power, but because I want peace and unity.