relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Great Times


The above picture is my son and myself on the Banker's Life Fieldhouse floor. It's where the Pacers play and it's when we played New Albany this past season.

To share that experience with my son is amazing.

Below is his look in a team picture after losing in the championship round of a 12 team tournament.
His team had to play four games that day and he and another kid can't really come out much, so he was exhausted by the end of the day.

Runner up in a tourney like that isn't too bad, but he's not impressed with it.

Losing is OK...I don't teach my kids to win at all costs, but to compete and give it everything you have no matter the result, so I am OK with losing; I guess.

I'm not OK with being OK with losing and I hope the look in my son's eyes face never changes after losing.