relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Little Boy from Henryville

I've had an Indonesian man fix a Pizza Hut pizza for me based on his knowledge of English from movies.

I've had a Macedonian man so excited over a $5 tip, he waited on me hand and foot next time I was in his restaurant.

I've run in 45 degree weather in June in Iceland.

I've been scared to death at the Serbian/ Kosovo border crossing as a guard took a double take after seeing my American passport.

I've been in the back seat of a car in the middle of nowhere Belgrade with a Lithuanian as my driver took their time in their home before driving us where we were going.

I've been in some of the worse slums in Indonesia, Kenya, and Ethiopia.

I've seen burned out military trucks on the side of the road in Ethiopia.

I've seen people getting food from a trash pile in Nairobi.

I've been in the back seat as we ran red lights in Cali, Colombia because stopping would allow us to be robbed.

I've been surrounded by mothers trying to get food for their malnourished children in Addis Abbaba.

I've had a coaching clinic suspended due to lightening in Colombia.

I've drank water running from a mountain stream in Iceland.

I've discussed American foreign policy with a Macedonian who witnessed the American bombings of Belgrade.

I've been in the presence of Al Shabab in Eastleight Nairobi.

I've seen a man riding a camel in the city.

I've seen people living in mud huts in Ethiopia.

I've spoken with gypsies in Macedonia.

I've walked the mountains of Serbia.

I've stopped at a gas station, afraid that the police were after us in Kosovo.

I've seen little girls with huge smiles in Kenya and Indonesia.

I've seen people all over with less than me, but with a joy I seem to miss.

I've shared the Gospel on 5 continents.

I've seen "Third World" conditions on an Apache reservation.

I've been treated like royalty by almost every person I've encountered in all countries.

I have so many memories that I could share more, but they aren't memories, they are part of me.