relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Day 42: Don't Stand Still

Day 42:



(I thought I would add some writings that I will do for church, can't hurt)

Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:12

We have been taught often in the church that we are part of the body of Christ. We are the hands and feet of Jesus, we have been put here to do his work. I have wondered, often, what am I here to do for the Kingdom of God and I have learned that I can usually communicate well. Maybe not always, but I can speak and write to relate some ideas to others.

Call it over 20 years of teaching and coaching, but communication is what I do, unless you ask my wife, and dependent on what day it is, she might disagree with my assessment of what I can do effectively.

But what I want to do is to write occasionally on some scripture that I come across that sticks with me, and it happens often. I want to write about that scripture and what it means to me and to us as followers of Jesus. I want to share how God’s word has opened up some new idea or truth to me.

So I am going to write, and speak when I can, and I value your feedback, both positive and negative. With my writing, I will explain my thoughts and work through how the scripture relates to me and my struggles. In doing so, I will often offer a challenge. It will be a challenge for myself, but one that I hope you take upon yourself also.
Because the Bible is full of scripture that starts with “get up”, “go up”, and “take up” meaning we have a faith of action, not of just sitting and listening once a week, though Brother Jay does a wonderful job. We are called to do something, to be Christ in an ever increasing sinful world.

So I ask myself; what have I done, what have you done to be an active member of the body of Christ? I am not questioning you or your faith, I am questioning mine. What have I done today, the last week, the last month to follow 1 Corinthians 12:12?
By writing, I hope this is a way to work to accomplish more.


Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4