relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just a Dad




Hopefully, a rather informed Dad, but I am thoroughly enjoying watching my children play basketball and attending games for fun without all of the stress. I am sure I am not finished coaching, but it is nice to be able to spend time with the family and be "Dad". Pretty funny, though, I feel like I am home too much now which can never be, I don't think.

There are certain things that are frustrating about not coaching, but for the most part, I am glad I did what I did.  I look forward to being someone who can come and go as I please at 2:50 and attending high school practices visiting friends which I have done a lot already.

Maybe we will have a Miss Basketball in 2023 or a Mr. Basketball in 2027, but it will be up to them. It will be up to them to be really good, to their potential, or if they decide to do something else.
Who knows where the future will take me and my family, but I know that they are on my side and the most important team that I coach is the one that lives in my home.

Coach Crean, feel free to start recruting the now 4 year old, the same kid at 2 years of age could dribble two basketballs at once.