relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Providence Girls' Coaching Clinic Presentation

 
 
Above is the power point presentation that I used at the Providence coaching clinic.  The purpose of the presentation was to show that coaches have a strong influence over their players.  The question I asked was what would you/we do with it?
 
I went through examples of athletes who became good men, fathers, and husbands.  I described an athlete who went onto the military and that we all probably know players like that, but....
 
Then I described the actions of many athletes on March 2, 2012 when the EF 4 tornado devastated the Henryville community.  There were and are many non-athletes that have done great things and did great things, but you should know about the effect that coaches have on people in real extreme situations.
 
I am not arrogant enough to either put only players that have played for me because I used players for other coaches in our building, also, but I realize that many of the people who were athletes probably got more from their own parents than us as coaches.  But....it had to mean something.  Most of the choices I used most will agree upon, some may be controversial.  I can only imagine what some of them had been without the guidance of some of our coaches here at HHS.
 
I then gave the things you can do as a coach to hopefully pass on things that really matter in life besides the winning and losing of an athletic event.
 
Feel free to watch and agree or disagree as I am sure there will be many who do.