relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Sunday, February 20, 2011

2010-11 Season

So here we are at the end of a long season. We currently stand at 5-13 and I am disappointed in this season. I am disappointed in the players lack of toughness, but more so that I haven't been able to find a way for the team to be more successful.

I know we only had 1 returning player who played many minutes, really 2, but I should have found a way.

I know we played a very tough schedule (with two tough regular season games left) with a young, inexperienced team, but I should have found a way.

I know we have had 1 injury to a starter that put him out for the season, but I should have found a way.

I know that we have dealt with two suspensions, one being of a player who had been our best player in conference and over two weeks before the suspension, but I should have found a way.

I know that a young and inexperienced team losing two of their top 8 over the last two weeks, made them younger and more inexperienced, but I should have found a way.

I know that the guys have played hard, competed, improved defensively and want to win and I should have found a way.

This is by far the hardest year I have had to deal with as a coach, a varsity basketball coach, but I should have found a way for these guys to be more successful.

I will end with this: the sectional draw is tonight (Sunday) and we will see what our fortune is for the post season, and we will not give up or quit until the final horn goes off in the post season. And this will motivate us for the summer workouts and next season!