relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Pray for _______________


In the last few years, we have had a mixing of horrible events and the idea of prayer.

It seems that every time we turn around there is a new natural disaster or human made disaster and with social media, it can be overwhelming.

I believe that some of why we know so much more than in the past is because of the instantaneous ability to have everything happening right now known by us right now, and it's a global as well as local phenomena.

Whether it's Hurricane Harvey slamming and staying over the Houston, TX area or some terrorist attack where everyone changes their profile pic for the victims, we are bombarded by bad news.

Which gets me to the "pray for__________".

Prayer is a good thing, no, it's a great thing, but if that's all you do, you aren't doing much.

It's as if we are overwhelmed and don't feel we can do anything, so we say we will pray and that is at least something...and I guess it is.

But as more of these horrific events occur, it is ringing more and more hollow with me.

I'm not saying to stop praying, I'm saying back it up with action.

Do something!

Send money, send stuff, go and do work yourself, send cards or letters to the victims, but don't just "pray" about it on social media.

Because the cynic in me wonders if you are really even doing that.

Are you praying or is it the knee jerk thing to say when you feel you can't say or do anything.

Please...

Please continue to pray, because I do think it matters, but are you backing it up with action?

Have you ever backed it up with action?

Will you ever back it up with action?

Our faith isn't a passive "pray" and do nothing faith, we were called to do something.

I hope you do.

I hope I do.