relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Is it Just Me? Probably.


I've always been the kind of person with a quick to get agitated personality.  Pat Summit described herself one time as a person as it wasn't hard to push her buttons because they stayed about halfway pushed in all of the time.  I can relate to that.

But recently, I have gotten worse.  I don't know if it is my age, my blood pressure, my coming off my anxiety medication, but I cannot believe how little is actually done correctly and how uninformed people are.  Someone once told me that I see things a certain way and if not done that way, I get frustrated.  It's gotten worse lately. 

From the lack of being in control of just about anything, to actually having some control, but not ultimate control has frustrated me.  I watch and see how few people actually do what they are supposed to do. I see how people want something and complain but when they get it, there's always something else to complain about.  I read social media (I should stay off that, I know), and read so many things by people who have an opinion, but don't know what they are talking about.

I have tried to be better...it seems to be getting worse. I don't want to come off as the angry teacher/coach/parent/person, but I am afraid it is coming to that. The lack of outrage at some situations and the misplaced outrage in others drives me crazy. Meanwhile others just live their lives in the confused fog of thinking they have it figured out.

Luckily I have a wonderful wife and am surrounded by great people at my work, or I might actually lose my mind.  Not really.  Okay.  Maybe.