relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Why I am a Christian



I was agnostic looking for a reason to believe and kept searching.  Being a social studies teacher, I was exposed to many different religions and have taught about them all.  However, Christianity offered something that no other did.  Free redemption.  I didn't have to do a number of things to be saved, I just had to accept Jesus Christ as my savior.  I did that, but didn't feel different.

About 3 years ago, I started growing and felt The Holy Spirit for the first times in my Christian life.  That growth made me into a different person.  I can't really explain it other than to say that I became a better father, husband, person, and didn't mind wearing pink anymore.  What's that got to do with anything?  My pride and ego (which I still deal with) wouldn't allow for me to look what I thought was silly, but now a lot of that is gone.  I am not perfect and still deal with my sinful nature, but I now see things clearly and I am trying.

I am not telling you that you are wrong if you aren't a Christian, I am telling you that accepting Christ as my savior and living according to His teachings has changed me in a good way.  I have seen it happen to many other people, too and when I see people struggling or writing things online that you can tell they are hurt, I want to share the love of Christ.  It is a cure. 

I promise, if you truly look for Him, you will feel better and then instead of worrying about how you feel, you will learn that by selflessly helping others you will lose yourself and all of the old will become new...and better.

If you would like to every discuss this or what I believe feel free to contact me.