relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

It Happens


I am alone in my own thoughts, a lot, in fact, too much.

I wish I didn't think that much about every little thing, most of which do not matter.

I wish I didn't take every single thing so personally.

But I do, and I do.

I feel I will only feel better once I quit coaching and/or my kids aren't playing organized sports anymore.

Then I can just go to school, do my job and live my life without worrying about what anyone thinks (Yea, I know, shouldn't care, but I do).

But then it will be time for grand kids and I will worry about them.

So, I guess the question is not when will I be able to relax, but would I feel "right" if  did or could?

I've learned to live the way I am believing that any slight by any single person must have some deep, well thought out reason for them to negate me, bad talk me, think less of me, or even not think of me because that's what I do.

I think too much.

I play some imaginary world in my head.

And I am usually wrong...or am I?