relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Monday, August 7, 2017

Not All Free Speech is Popular


I don't agree with Colin Kaepernick showing his disapproval of this country before each game.

So much so, I chose to not watch one single NFL game last year, OK, I did watch the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying I do not understand where he's coming from, I just don't think he picked an appropriate time to show/express his opinion.

I believe that his team or the NFL should have stepped in, or at the least played the National Anthem while the teams were in their locker rooms.

But the calls to ban him from the NFL because his beliefs are different than mine, I do not agree with.

Kaepernick should be allowed to play in the NFL if he is good enough...period.

Unfortunately, we are getting to a weird time in our history where opinions and belief systems are to be banned especially if the politically correct crowd does not agree with you.

But I truly believe that I may not agree with what you say, but I would die (figuratively) for you to say it.