relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Thursday, July 26, 2012

USA Basketball = Celebrity Status



At least in some countries.  I have been to a few foreign countries and USA basketball is at least respected greatly, but some countries, like where I am, the players are being treated like celebrities.  It is good for some of them because they may not have had this type of reaction, for others...maybe not so much a good thing.

We arrived last night, ate, and slept.  Driving through the city to our dorm was interesting.  The guy who brought us to the university said there are no driving laws, only recommendations.  Nice...and you could tell.

We had our first practice and the guys and myself were sluggish, but it is something that will take care of itself over the next few days.  We don't play until tomorrow night, so today we are going to go on a sight seeing tour of the capital city and see what we can see.  I am taking my camera because I never want to forget what I am about to see.

I am tired...still.  We are 11 hours ahead of home....and I am feeling it.


(check out this guy trimming the shrubs at the airport, how many US laws are there for this situation?)