relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Friday, January 15, 2021

You Don't Have to Do It

You don't have to do it.

You don't have to post on social media mean, condescending comments about situations or to others.

We preach to our students so often that what they put on social media will be there forever, and yet we decide it's not equitable to us.

Our lack of humility and empathy as a species will be our downfall.

It's not just humans committing genocide, but how we treat our neighbor.

And who is our neighbor?

It is everyone...online or in person.

Why be mean?

Do you really believe you are changing anyone's minds?

You are hardening their heart, more often than not to where they will never listen or possibly change.

You are writing to the choir with many "likes" and agreeable comments which will give you a false sense of arrogant genius.

It's sad because social media can be used for so much good, but so can anything, but we humans tend to mess it all up.

I refuse to hate.

I refuse to be condescending online because you do not know who you may be sending over the edge.

I refuse to argue online.

I refuse to be like so many others...though, I know I will fail, I will try to put a positive spin out into the world.

It's hard enough without the "fake" online world making it worse.