relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Power of The Internet and Mark Pangburn


Yesterday, I was at home getting ready to go and watch my daughter play volleyball when my cell phone buzzed. 

I looked down and I saw that there was an email sent to my school email. I get that often and usually the email isn't of much importance.

But yesterday was different. I received an email from a Clyde Carlson who had Googled my friend, Mark Pangburn, who passed away a few years ago. I had written a small article on Mark and his influence on me and Mr. Carlson came across it.

The email was a nice read for me, but I forwarded it onto his wife and one son who I had cell numbers for, and his kind words reminded them that his life is still touching people today.

Below is the email:

Perry,
Ever wonder how far your blogspot can reach.  Well, this afternoon it touched me down in Decatur, Alabama.
My name is Clyde Carlson, and I am an engineer with HCS Engineering in Decatur, AL.  I am starting a project for Daikin America here in Decatur, and it involves a storage tank that was designed in 1992 by Mark Pangburn.  For whatever reason, I googled Mark’s name and your blog was one of the first hits to come up.  I was sorry to hear of his passing in 2012.  But I guess I just want to thank you for the write up in his honor, and even more for your strong story of faith.  Your words both encouraged and blessed me this afternoon.

By the way, Mark’s tank design is doing just fine after 23 years of service.  My project just involves setting up some temporary storage in order to de-inventory the tank for inspection.  From the looks of his hand calculations, I would say Mark was a fine engineer.

Take care,

Clyde Carlson

Thanks again Mr. Carlson for taking the time out of your schedule to send this note. It is appreciated more than you could know.

Click on this sentence for the article I wrote about my friend, Mark Pangburn.