relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Monday, September 26, 2016

I Can't Help It



I can't help it...

I worry too much.

I get worked up about too much.

I let the smallest things bother me...too much.

I know this, I try to be better, but it seems that I have to be reminded too often with big events that what I worry about is really nothing.

And in those big things that occur, I learn and then with time go back to my flaws.

I can't help it...

I worry too much.

I get worked up too much.

I let the smallest things bother me...too much.

And then I watch a coach get on his son for a simple mistake during a 9U baseball tournament.

I watch my son as he has a look that he let me down during his game.

And in these little things which may just be the bigger things, I realize how much this stuff doesn't matter.

But then...

I can't help it...

I worry too much.

I get worked up too much.

I let the smallest things bother me...too much.

I wish I were better.

I wish I could be what I want to be as a person, husband, and especially a father.

I wish I didn't fail so often.

But...

I can't help it...

But I am trying, and I promise I won't give up working to be what I want to be.