relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Friday, August 15, 2014

It's....Um....Complicated


There is a fine line with me.  There is the touchy, soft side and there is the competitive, tough side.  There is the side where I could be hit over the head with a 2 by 4 and not flinch and there is the part where one...small...word...can break me.  Yet even that does not always hurt.

But when dealing with others hurting those I care about with words or in other ways, I get a little less...um...Christian like, I guess you could say.  I handle criticism for myself much better than I do for those around me that I care about.

Plus, it really burns me if someone has a problem with me and they go to my boss (it hasn't happened at SC yet) or worse, go to social media before they talk with me.  Get off Facebook and Twitter about your problems with individuals and do what they did back before the Internet, talk to them face to face or just talk behind their back.

You want respect?  You don't want to hear me rant?  It is real simple and I mean REAL simple.  Treat me and others the way you want to be treated.  I don't care about your past, I don't care about my past, I don't care about how hard life is (it can be real hard), treat me and others the way you want to be treated.  And if I cross the line, I will give a genuine apology, there won't be any doubt what it was.