relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Truth is...


When I was younger and much smarter, I often gossiped.  We all do to some point, but I would a lot.  I would be confronted with what I had said and then I would lie to keep from having to be held accountable.  The lies that I would weave made lying become easy and sometimes I am not sure that I even knew the truth.

In a position of leadership, we often have to make decisions, sometimes really tough decisions.  We must be careful what we say (withholding all info) or do not speak what you are not ready to defend or be confronted with.  I have tried to speak less ill of others in gossip not because I know they are speaking about me, but because I want to be careful of what I say.

If someone approaches me and asks me about something I have said, I want to be able to stand up for what I have said and believe it.  I want to not have to remember what lies I have told, but be able to tell the truth all of the time. 

With all of that said, I am not perfect, I still make mistakes, and will continue to do so in the future.  The goal is to be better than yesterday and than last year.  If you are still living a life of lies, you haven't figured it out yet.  And what is worse...if you don't know that you lie so much you have become numb to the truth.