relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Not Gonna Be Easy


I leave soon to head to Africa, Kenya and Ethiopia via Xenia, Ohio.

I will be in Ohio for a couple of days and then I won't see my family for almost three weeks.

I was talking today to our head coach to make sure my son keeps his mind off me as much as possible by letting him come to summer basketball practices and games and it really got to me.

As I type this, I can feel that uneasy feeling of "missing them" that I have had before.

I'm going to be able to send text messages at any time as well as pictures, but I will not like seeing them.

It hurts.

I'd almost rather have no contact with any of them while I'm gone...it'd be easier on me, but it won't for them.

As the excitement grows as I get closer to that time of leaving, I also get that reminder of the gnawing feeling of emptiness not having my favorite people within reach of a hug or kiss.