relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Friday, August 16, 2013

Being a True Follower

(The hypocrite and Ernie Johnson)
If you are a follower of Jesus Christ, you may want to read this...or maybe not.  If you are a non-believer, you will probably agree with the principle, but don't need all my Jesus stuff shoved down your throat.  Either way....here you go.

I spend a lot of time on the Internet.  I like to check my Facebook, but I really enjoy Twitter.  What's the difference?  Not sure, I think there is less interaction on Twitter so when I post something, I don't have to read how someone disagrees with it, therefore, making me feel good.  Probably something I need to work on.

Being on these sites and blogs and other websites, I often see believers of the Gospel not acting consistent.  I am sure that many people would say the same thing about me, I don't claim to not be a hypocrite, just an aware one trying to be better.  However, if you have Bible scripture in your online life you in which others can see, you are not allowed to use profanity or post perverse items.  It just isn't right as a follower and believer of Christ.  I am not judging you, but that is the quickest way to turn someone teetering on the verge of salvation or someone against the Gospel even further away.

If you are gong to espouse the love for God and Jesus, you must be aware of your online activity.  Some of you may be reading this and saying "look what you blog about".  Trust me, I cleaned up some of my drafts the other day, I didn't clean them all up.  Why?  Because some of them were written in anger and it wasn't righteous anger. 

We are all hypocrites about something.  Often we just don't want to see it in ourselves, or can't.  However, if you are going to claim to be a follower online, you must reflect on everything you put out there.  In the "real" world, we all fail and come up short, usually because we react instead of contemplating, at least that's the major reason why I do, but in the online world, you can actually stop and think before pushing "send" or "tweet".  I think, though, that the access of smart phones actually allows us to act quickly and not too....ummm smart.

Look, you can do what you want.  I am not judging, I am not telling you what to do, I am not even going to be perfect in this endeavor, but what I am telling you is that inconsistency makes a difference.  Over ten years ago, I was agnostic and I can tell you those types of inconsistencies would have fed my anger over the hypocrisy of Christians.