relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bucket List Item Marked Off



On December 28, I was able to do something that I had long dreamed about and was actually a "bucket list" item.  I wanted to sit in the lower level bleachers at an Indiana University men's basketball game.  I finally was able to do so.



Last fall, I attended the Sports Reach silent and live auction and was able to purchase the tickets at a small price.  The tickets are those of former IU star Tom Abernethy who donates for one game to Sports Reach.  Robby Speer at Sports Reach was able to get the tickets, I was able to use them, and a dream came true.


Sitting so low, second row behind the IU men's bench, allowed me to see and hear many things you cannot do higher up.  In my opinion, there are no bad seats in Assembly Hall, ok, no horrible seats, but where I sat that night in the game vs. Jacksonville is as good as it gets.  I guess, unless you are actually sitting on the bench.



It was a night I won't forget soon and probably spoiled me a little bit when I attend a game in the future.