relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Starting a New School Year Without Coaching



I am not going to lie.  Starting this school year without being the coach of any form of basketball feels a little weird.  I have been offered so many opportunities to help out programs and I am humbled by that, but I am forcing myself to take at least one year off.  Who knows after that?

Being at school, it is interesting how the basketball players interact with me.  They don't really know how to take me, I guess.  I want what is best for them and they are starting to come around.  It is neat that we can maybe have a different kind of relationship with the current players.

Coach Carmony is fitting in well here and I can't wait to see the team he puts on the court.  I want nothing but success for him and the team and everyone involved.  With what happened on March 2, a lot of stuff is missing, but nothing that can't be replaced.  I am more than glad to help Coach in any way he needs.

I do feel a lot less pressure at the beginning of this school year.  I get to just teach, "just", and hopefully do a better job at that than I have in the past.  I can't wait for basketball season to begin so I can watch Henryville play, but to go and watch other teams, teams I didn't get to watch in the past.  And finally, I want to go watch high school practices.  I am as excited about that as anything.

Along with more responsibility with FCA, I can't wait for an enjoyable, more relaxed year....Lord willing.