relationships

relationships
31 years coaching experience/Worked Camps/Clinics on 6 Continents

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Help...We Need Somebody.....



Here in the near future, I will be going on a mission trip with Athletes in Action.  In resigning as basketball coach, sports ministry is something I definitely want to be more involved with at this time in my life.  We are heading out soon and the amount of financial support I have needed, I have raised.  I need no money from anyone, however, I will definitely take any prayer support you can dish out for me and my family, and really for the whole trip and those involved.

However, it has come to my attention recently that many of the players, people who don't have the same opportunities I do in raising financial support, are below the amount needed for the trip to break even.  And that is really what we want more than anything.  To be able to travel to a foreign country, share the gospel, and make sure that AIA doesn't lose money. 

Unfortunately, in this world, money is needed for many things that can further the work of God.  Hopefully, I am doing my small part in that furthering, but imagine what it will do in the lives of the players that will go, play basketball, and share their testimony and be transformed by the people they can help?

If anyone who reads this is interested in helping out financially, and I wouldn't ask if it weren't for the players, please email me at phunter@wclark.k12.in.us.  I know that I have often wondered how I can do something to help others and it seems nothing comes along, or just falls in my lap, but this is something you can do.

You will be able to help someone do something that will be life changing not just for them, but for the people they come into contact with, including children.  I will appeal to any part of you reading this to help because not only could you be the answer to a prayer, but you can write any donation off on your income taxes.

Please think, pray, meditate and ask yourself....am I doing enough?.....am I doing anything?  I know that what little we do is non comparable to other ministries going on, but this one is important to us, right now.

Thanks....hope to hear from some of you soon and God bless you whether you help financially, with prayer, or not at all.